What is the purpose of the FeverFriendTM campaign?
Unreasonable fear of fever and the consequent unjustified use of medication is one of the most common phenomena in health care today. Antipyretic drugs are the most commonly used drugs in paediatrics.
Therefore, we strive to make the latest evidence-based scientific knowledge of the optimal fever as a normal physiological phenomenon widely available and to help put it into practice, both among professionals and lay people. We wish to promote a positive attitude towards fever.
We believe the time has come to change this negative attitude towards fever, to introduce, spread and put best practices into everyday practice. Our goal is to reduce the health and economic burden on the individual, and the risks arising from current practice in homecare, emergency and institutional care.
How do we do what we do?
- Authentically: We follow the evidence-based literature regularly. The sources used are indicated. The content of the website is thus constantly being updated and expanded to keep abreast of changes in knowledge.
- Pluralistically: we orient ourselves to- and inform our readers about the different perspectives and experiences within the profession. Therefore, what we report might unusual, surprising, little-known, or even unknown.
We welcome any constructive comments or suggestions.
- The content of the website, the training courses and the application are protected by copyright. When citing, the source must be documented with FeverFriendTM.
Their use, at all times, is the personal responsibility of the user and is not a substitute for medical care.
- We distance ourselves from scientifically unproven views, extremes and divisive comments and attitudes that threaten the safety of patients.
- In the public interest, free from individual, policy and economic interests.
Thank you for your donations to support our work!
Civil Support Közhasznú Nonprofit Kft.
Bank account: HU33162001371853479500000000
Magnet Közösségi Bank: 16200137-18534795
Who are we?
A staff of 10: doctors, health-care professionals, sociology and pedagogical professionals, excellent computer programmers and enthusiastic, experienced parents.
Leader of the initiative: Henrik Szőke, MD, Ph.D., pediatrician, associate professor
Our professional partners:
University of Pécs
Hungarian Medical Chamber Győr-Moson-Sopron County Territorial Organization
Heim Pál Hospital
Országos Mentőszolgálat (Hungarian Emergency Service)
and many others
Version update: 08th March 2020